Monday, September 16, 2013

New Sister

I know it's been a while since I last posted but I have been so busy! (or according to Anne just too lazy hehe) Anyway I'm updating now so let's all be happy! About a little over a week ago Anne arrived and we have had so much fun. Poor girl though, she had barely landed when we just threw her right into it. Last saturday (the day she arrived) we were at church to experience an American wedding. Later that night Lee's sister's (Aunt Jill) husband turned 50 so she met Lee's side of the family right way. Needless to say she was exhausted when we at last climbed to bed. Sunday was very chill and we just watched some TV, I did homework and we went to evening church with Lee. Monday I went to school as the other days, while Anne got to sleep a little longer until Karen, our area rep, picked her up to register her at the school. That evening we made dinner together (delicious pizza) and we were laughing so much by the end of the night it was hard to stop. (on a side note.. If you ask Lee or Christine I bet they would complain about all the giggling and laughing ever since). The next day in school was normal - except for the fact that I rode with Anne on the bus (and Holly) and that now Anne was in both my Creative Writing and US History class. During the week we have gone to buy school supplies for Anne, had dinner with Lee's mom and on Thursday Karen and her husband, Ted, picked us up to stay until Saturday because Lee and Christine were away at a couple's retreat. On Friday night they took us out to eat at a pizza restaurant and we talked for many hours. When it came to Saturday we got up at 8 am (too early on a Saturday) because we had an YFU orientation. It was real nice and you got to talk with a lot of other exchange students. On Sunday we were really supposed to go picking apples with Christine but it started raining so we went to the movies instead and had dinner at Big Boy. Me and Anne ended the week by watching an episode of Supernatural.

Because I'm on yearbook we get assigned cameras - and not the cheap ones. I have camera partner who already owns a camera so she's probably not going to need it so much. That means that I can take as many pictures as I want (our teacher said we were allowed to use it for personal use - as long as you bring it in again the next day). So this weekend I brought it home so I could practice taking nice pictures for the yearbook. So I have a whole gallery to show you guys.


 The first picture is after the movie at the restaurant and the second is us today on the school bus.



 Cutest eyes ever !!


Me and Christine with her crown a few minutes before we meet Anne for the very first time. Like they did with me they greeted Anne in a very unusual way. She was lucky though because Lee had just gone to the bathroom to put on his disguise when Anne came down the stairs and saw me as the first person. If she had seen Lee with his mustache or Christine with her crown I bet she would've run away as fast as her feet could carry her. 

 On Sunday we had dinner after church.

 The first picture features Anne last Monday after a tiring day of registering. The second is of me and Anne on her first day after the wedding. 


Meet Kira the cat who forgot to take her meds. Or maybe she just caught sight of me. 
Me and Anne's first pie experience in America at Karen and Ted's house.

 My first picture as a professional photographer (or whatever hehe). Me taking a picture of me taking a picture while we're driving.


Lee and Anne in the car waiting for our food.

 Her Royal Highness

 "What did you do this time, Emilie!?"
 "Me? Nothing!"

 Anne being her very nice self. Me and Sayuri, another exchange student, at the orientation.

The cake I baked for Anne when she got here. 

So that's it for now. Tomorrow we'll celebrate Christine's mom's birthday and Thursday we will go homecoming dress shopping. Wish us luck!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my god, Ems. That second picture of Kira is insane... I love it. xD

    ReplyDelete