Sunday, February 23, 2014

Musical

Yeah, yeah I know what you're gonna say. So let us both spare some time and just move on so I can update my blog. I have been really busy with the musical, which was Tarzan this year. Besides Tarzan, I had forensics and yearbook stuff to do, too. If you think that it doesn't sound like much - let me tell you I had several weeks where I didn't come home until around 9 in the evening. That is long when you get up at 5:30 every morning. But I would do it all over again if I could! It was the most amazing experience and probably the best choice I have made since I arrived here. I loved the people who was in it and all the actual actors were amazing to say the least. Of course, because of the good luck I have, I got bronchitis the week of our opening show, which made me almost lose my voice. But I pulled through since I was not about to miss the time of my life just because of some sickness. When it came to the last day a lot of people were pretty sad, especially the seniors since it would be their last musical. I would lie if I said that I didn't feel just a little sad, but I could not cry over such a fantastic experience that I got to have!










On Saturday, we had two shows, (2 pm and 7:30) so we had a cast party in between. Northern has this tradition where the seniors get paper plate awards from the juniors and the seniors do a speech. Well, I didn't really know about it before they actually started doing it. One of my really good friends started speaking about how the next person wasn't a senior, but it was her only year here. I had kinda figured out by then that she was talking about me, and yet I was really taken aback. So when I made my speech I could've spoken Danish to them for all that it made sense. But it was still wonderful and it will be hanging on my wall back home in Denmark.

Lucas was the guy who played Tarzan. He is extremely talented and I've had the privilege of actually becoming his friend after having had Creative Writing with him and now Mythology, too.









Right now, it is the last day of our mid winter break and even though I hate the idea of getting up early tomorrow morning, I am looking forward to going back to school. School is a big part of the experience and as the days pass, I am starting to realize how little time I actually have left now. Next Saturday, me and Anne have our first forensics competition, which is gonna be really exciting. And I found out a few weeks ago that I will be going to California in March so that's another thing to look forward to.
I will try to do my best to update the blog more regularly, since it is kind of a diary for me too along with a tool for everybody else who's interested to be assured that I am doing good over here. Until we meet again! 

No comments:

Post a Comment